Herbert Howells (1892 - 1983)
Recent Grants Awarded
- 2 grants, totalling £1,918, to the Royal College of Music to assist with the preservation of the Howells archive
- 1 grant of £12,791 to St John's College, Cambridge, for the support of Choir activities
- 1 grant of £1,500 to The English Music Festival to support the performance of four pieces of Howells' music at the 2023 Festival
- 1 grant of £1,500 to The Three Choirs Festival Association to support the performance of two pieces of Howells' music at the 2023 Festival
- 1 grant of £2,000 to The Piatti Quartet to support the cost of a recording of an album containing Phantasy for String Quartet OP.25
- 1 grant of £750 to Raymond Brien support for a video recording of Clarinet Sonata
- 1 grant of £1,000 to the Herbert Howells Society to support a recital of 'String Quartet – In Gloucestershire' during the joint Howells/Stanford weekend in October 2023
- 2 grants, totalling £1,246 to the Herbert Howells Society to support the cost of typesetting 'String Quartet – In Gloucestershire'
- 1 grant of £5,000 to The London Chorus to support the costs of an orchestra for a performance of Hymnus Paradisi at Southwark Cathedral
- 1 grant of £800 to Professor Madeleine Mitchell to support the first performance of 'String Quartet – In Gloucestershire'
- 2 grants, totaling £2,320, to Durham Cathedral to support of a recording by David Hill/Durham Cathedral Choir
- 2 grants, totaling £1,272, to Regent Records to support the costs of producing the recording by David Hill/Durham Cathedral Choir
An application form, which includes details of the principles of awarding of grants can be found below:
Closing date for applications to be considered at the next meeting can be found on the application form.
Registered Charity No: 1121065
The Herbert Howells Trust
St John's College
Tel: 01223 338718